Copyright © Zotung Refugee Learning Centre.
All rights reserved.
ZOTUNG REFUGEE CATHOLIC LEARNING CENTRE
In applying to become a ZRCLC Online Tutor Volunteer :
- I understand that the decision to accept me or not accept me as a volunteer is the right of ZRCLC.
- I understand that my acceptance into the ZRCLC Online Tutor Volunteer Program commits me 12 weekly lessons of 45 minutes.
- I understand that I will be required to undertake induction and/or service/program training prior to commencing volunteer work with ZRCLC.
- I understand that volunteering for an organization is a privilege, not a right. If selected as a volunteer, I understand that I serve at the request of ZRCLC and that the request can be withdrawn at any time.
In the capacity of a ZRCLC Online Tutor Volunteer :
- I agree that the only appropriate relationship as a volunteer with any ZRCLC student is that of adult volunteer, not friend or peer to a child, youth or vulnerable adult.
- I agree to establish and maintain safe environments by preserving appropriate boundaries.
- I agree to conduct online lessons in a neutral area where nothing inappropriate can be seen or heard in the background.
- I agree to be civil and courteous towards the staff, students, parents, volunteers of ZRCLC and the public. Others may think and do things differently than what I personally prefer, but I will be respectful of their values and perspectives.
- I agree to disseminate information without regard to race, age, colour, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
- I agree to not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs (non-prescription drugs) during the online lessons.
- I agree not to provide the student/s with illegal contents or encourage their use.
- I agree to use positive reinforcement with ZRCLC students rather than criticism, competition or comparison.
- I agree to employ appropriate conduct, speech and dress.
- I agree not to take photos and/or post photos of any ZRCLC students on any social media without seeking due permission from ZRCLC.
- I do not have criminal convictions with children.
- I understand that any breach of the ZRCLC Volunteer Code of Conduct may lead to an immediate termination of services as a volunteer
CODE OF CONDUCT (Online Tuor Volunteer)